UT Martin offers many opportunities for students to become involved in the total collegiate experience. The Office of Student Life coordinates a number of special activities throughout the year in conjunction with various student organizations and university departments. The Office of Student Life works to support over 125 student organizations including professional organizations, honorary societies, service organizations, special interest groups and social Greek letter organizations (fraternities and sororities).
Student Life works closely with the Office of Campus Recreation in support of the intramural sports, club sports, and outdoor recreation programs, and with the University Center in support of the various program opporutnities for students. Also, Student Life provides advisement for the Student Government Assocation and the Student Activities Council, and co-directs the University's Freshman Experience Program. For more information, please call the Office of Student Life at 731-881-7525 or you can visit out website at http://www.utm.edu/~utmlife.
Opportunites at UTM
- Professional Organizations - UT Martin has over 50 student organizations that represent different academic disciplines or career paths. These organizations offer opportunities for students to interact with professionals in their given fields and with students with similar professional interests. Each year several professional student organizations at UT Martin receive national recognition and honors.
- Honorary Organizations - UT Martin hosts several honorary societies that recognize students for significant academic accomplishment and exceptional leadership ability. Phi Kappa Phi is the flagship honorary organization at UT Martin.
- Service Organizations - UT Martin is home to several service oriented organizations including Alpha Phi Omega and Up Til Dawn. During the academic year, these organizations engage in community service and philanthropic projects that contribute to the quality of life throughout Northwest Tennessee.
- Student Government Association - The Student Government Association provides opportunities for students to participate in the governance of the university. When a student enrolls at UT Martin, he/she becomes eligible to participate in Student Government. Executive and Senate positions are elected on an annual basis. Representatives of the SGA, along with members of the faculty, serve on major campus committees.
- Student Activities Council (SAC) - The Student Activities Council is charged with providing student entertainment activities for the campus. Various committees include entertainment; arts, news and views; cafe house; film and video; and publicity. Participation on the various committees is encouraged and open to all students. The SAC produces in excess of 75 events during an academic year. For more information, see their website at http://www.utm.edu/~sac.
- Special Interest Organizations - Ranging from Young Republicans Club to the Second Nature Environmental Society, UT Martin hosts several student organizations that focus on the specific interest of the UT Martin community.