To apply for admission to the university, each international student will be required to provide the following to the Office of International Programs and Admissions, Gooch Hall, Room 144, The University of Tennessee at Martin, Martin, TN 38238:
- A completed application for undergraduate admission.
- A draft or money order for the non-refundable $50 application fee and postage/handling charges.
- Authenticated copies of academic records. These records must describe the courses of instruction in terms of years spent in school, types of subject matter covered, and the grades earned in each course. These records must also give the date of graduation and the type of diploma or certificate issued.
- Evidence of English proficiency as indicated by a minimum score of 500 on the test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or completion of a Level 6 in the Intensive English Program is required in all curricula. The test results should be sent to the Admissions Office by Educational Testing Service or by the student.
Upon arrival on campus, all degree-seeking international students must complete an English Writing Proficiency Placement Test administered by the Department of English. The student must enroll in the appropriate English Composition course, as identified by the placement test, and remain enrolled each semester in the appropriate course until the student has successfully completed English 112 or its equivalent.
- Signed statement as to the student's financial status and sponsorship in the United States. Federal financial aid is not available to international students. A deposit may be required prior to issuance of immigration forms.
- A student applying for transfer from any institution of higher learning outside his or her home country must present the I-20 issued at The University of Tennessee at Martin to the transferring institution for the approval and completion of the transfer process. Also each applicant for transfer admission to The University of Tennessee at Martin is required to submit a Transfer Social Eligibility Form to the Foreign Student Advisor at the last college or university attended.
- Only one I-20 will be issued for each admission. If the student does not enroll for the specified term, the I-20 must be returned before a second is issued.
Applications for admission and other information for international students may be obtained by writing to:
Mr. Gary Wilson
Director of International Programs
Suite 144 Gooch Hall
The University of Tennessee at Martin
Martin, Tennessee 38238.