This Exciting Program can be for you if working with the Department of Children’s Services interests you.
There are many ways within the Department of Children’s Services (DCS) to empower families, identify strengths and ensure safety. Whichever service you provide, you will have a direct impact on the families and the community.
Within the Department you can work on the Juvenile Justice Team, the Child Protective Services Team, Home County Case Management Teams, Foster Care and Adoption Teams.
As a Social Work major here at UTM you can obtain certification to begin employment within the Department of Children’s Services as a Case Manager II.
What About the Midwest Tennessee Child Welfare Stipend Program?
The Stipend Program is:
· A program where selected students can receive paid tuition for their last three to four full-time semesters in the Social Work Program and a stipend for living expenses each semester.
· Available to applying and selected Social Work Majors in good standing academically.
· Available to applying and selected students with three to four semesters left in the program until graduation.
· Guaranteed Employment: In return, the social work student will work for the Department of Children’s Services for two years upon graduation.
What Else Should I Know About the Stipend Program?
- · I must remain a full-time Social Work student while in the Stipend Program.
- · I must remain in good standing with the University of Tennessee at Martin.
- · If I am unable to graduate within the four semesters due to difficulties with course work I am responsible for repayment to the Department for received tuition and stipend.
What Do I need to do to be a DCS Certified Case Manager?
- · Social work majors can enroll in Child Welfare I and II as a part of the Social Work Program.
- · Social work majors can do their field instruction and final internship with the Department of Children Services.
Reference Recommendation Forms
Application Packet Check List
BSW Stipend Student Incident Report
DCS Field Placement Learning Opportunities
Stipend Coordinator Information:
Dena Zipp, BSSW, MSEd.
The University of Tennessee at Martin
Cell (731) 616-9636