The name of the organization shall be called the Sociology Club of the University of Tennessee Martin.
The purpose of the Sociology Club shall be to promote dialog between Sociology majors, minors, Anthropology minors and those interested in sociology.
All regularly enrolled students who are Sociology majors or minors, Anthropology minors or those who are interested in Sociological matters.
Officers and Duties
Section 1. The Sociology Club shall elect the following officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Section 2. The specific duties of the officers shall be:
Shall preside over all meetings
- Shall call all special meetings and decide on all points of order
- Shall appoint all officers and committees not otherwise provided for in this constitution.
Shall assume responsibilities of the President in his/her absence.
- Shall serve as Chairman of major committees
Shall collect and hold money, notes, and securities belonging to the Club
- Shall keep an accurate account of all dues, receipts and expenditures
- Shall pay out money on approval of the club. At the close of the term of office shall turn over the books, files and other property entrusted to him/her for safekeeping, together with all the money, notes and security after the same have been audited by a specially appointed committee, to the duly elected or appointed successor.
- The Secretary shall keep an accurate record of the proceedings of all meetings of the club which shall be transcribed in a digital file and made available to members.
- Shall conduct such correspondence, records and reports.
- Regular meetings shall be held monthly, during the regular semester of the University of Tennessee Martin
- Special meetings may be called at any time by the President
- Two-thirds of all of the active members constitute a quorum
- On all questions of procedure, Robert’s Rules of Order shall be the guide except where conflicting with these bylaws.
Assessment of dues and frequency of payment shall be determined by the active members.
A faculty sponsor shall volunteer each new academic year.
The Sociology Club shall not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status.
In the event that this organization becomes inactive or defunct, all money in the treasury will be given to the Sociology Department fund.
Time and Method of Election
Elections are to be held in the Spring of each academic year to elect officers for the next academic year.
In the event of a vacancy in any of the offices, an election will be held by the next scheduled meeting to select a replacement.