Photo Submission Guidelines
When submitting your own photos, please make sure your photo meets these guidelines:
- It is a current self portrait
- It is a clear, good-quality color photograph. Photo must be saved in .jpg format only
- Your head is centered and facing forward
- No one other than yourself is in the picture, (animal, baby, parents, inanimate object)
- No comical photos or photos with gestures
- No hats, sunglasses, glare on glasses, red eye, shadows, blurry or debutante/glamour photos
- No larger than 400 x 400 pixels. The image size of 1.25 x 1.25. The image should be near 300 dpi.
- Facebook profile photos should not be submitted. The quality of image will not reproduce well on the ID card.
Below is an example of a photo that will be approved. Remember to choose your photo carefully. It will serve as your official University identity photo for the entire time you are at the University.
Your photo can only be submitted online by using the steps below:
Hit OK then fill in the information on the form. Under the picture of the Skyhawk Card is Attach Picture Here, select it and then select the picture you want to upload and hit Open.
- You will be notified if your photo has been rejected by email. Your default notification is your UTM email address unless you choose to change it.
- The University of Tennessee Skyhawk Office reserves the right to refuse any photos that do not meet our requirements.
Please review the Skyhawk Card terms and conditions.
View Card Terms & Conditions >
Freshman and Transfer Students
What first year and transfer students need to do now!
View List >