|Life Science||Anatomy 0G1.00||Process of Science||Analyzing 1.4 a|
CONTENT STANDARD: Life Science
CONTENT TOPIC: Anatomy
CONCEPT: There are similarities and differences among human beings.
CONTENT OBJECTIVE: 0Gl.00 To understand how people are alike and different
INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES: The learner will:
TN COMPONENT OF SCIENCE: Science In Society
BENCHMARK: By making careful observation, questions can be formulated concerning our world.
2. Have all the children draw a picture of their favorite toy and their favorite food.
3. Teach the Mr. Rogers' song, "It's You I Like."
4. Teach the song, "I'll Just Be Myself" from Music and You Kindergarten Macmillan Music book 1988 edition.
5. Teach the song, "I Am A Person" from the Kindergarten Macmillan Song Book.
6. Draw a self-portrait after looking in a mirror.
7. Put up a V.I.P. board featuring one child per week with favorite things that the V.I.P. likes - hobbies, foods, books, toys, activities leaving it up all week.
8. feature each child on a video tape or tape recorder.
9. Make a graph of eye color, hair color, boys or girls, clothing such as those with shorts, long pants, etc. and houses where they live.
10. Have children tell you ways they are all the same.
11. Have the children draw their houses or families. [Put pictures in "All About Me" booklet.]
12. Coordinate this theme with the True Colors Self-Esteem effort called Positive Attitudes in Tennessee Schools by:
b. having each child draw an activity that could show being gold, green, orange, or blue
c. having periods throughout the day where children behave like a certain color
d. having the children tell what colors they feel the other teachers are in the school and why)
"I have blue eyes and you have brown eyes." Hold up your "S" card if this means the same or hold up your "D" card if I am talking about something that is different. (response) You should have held up your "D" because I said our eyes were different colors.
"We both have brown hair." (response) Great! You should have held up the "S" card because I talked about hair being the same color.
"I live in a red house and you live in a brown house." (response) Super! You should have held up your "D" card because the colors were different.
"Both of our favorite toys is a teddy bear." (response) Fantastic! You should have held up a "S". Who can tell us why? (response)
We will end our discussion on alike and different by singing "I Am A Person." (Macmillan Music and You, 1988 edition).
This is the time this file has been accessed since 04/06/97.
The University of Tennessee at Martin is not responsible for the information or views expressed here.
Kindergarten Science Home Page