Frequently Asked Questions


110D Gooch Hall

Martin, TN 38238


(731) 881-3089


(731) 881-3589


Christina Collier, DE Coordinator

Frequently Asked Questions




What is Dual Enrollment?

Dual enrollment courses offer students an opportunity to earn college level coursework while completing requirements for high school graduation.

How do I log into MY UTMartin?

  • Go to
    The login location for the MY UTMARTIN portal is located on the top right of the UT Martin Website page.
  • Enter your username where indicated (your username is the first 3 letters of your first name, your middle initial, and the first four letters of your last name).
  • Enter your password where indicated [your default password is the last 4-digits of your social security number followed by the 3-character birth month (with the first character capitalized) and the last 2-digits of the birth year.]

For example:

Name: John Q. Public
SSN: 123-45-6789
Birthday: 01/15/1980
Username: johqpubl
Password: 6789Jan80


The MY UTMartin portal will allow the user to directly check his/her UT Martin email account, go to Blackboard, and go to Banner. If you experience any problems, please contact the UT Martin Helpdesk at (731) 881-7900.

One of my parents works for the State of Tennessee or for the University of Tennessee system. Will I receive a fee discount for their employment?

Yes! Dependents of the Tennessee State employees will receive a 25% discount on tuition and UT system employee dependents receive a 50% discount on tuition.

Is an ACT score required for enrollment into a UTM Dual Enrollment course?

Only homeschooled students will be required to submit an ACT score of 21 or higher to enroll in a UTM Dual Enrollment course.

How do I pay for courses?

Log-in to MyUTMartin portal and enter Banner. Click Student, Student Records, and Payments and Deposits. You will be directed to a site for online payments.

If I need to withdraw from a course, what do I need to do?

Contact your counselor and the UTM Dual Enrollment office immediately.

Do dual enrollment courses transfer to other institutions?

In most cases, UT Martin’s courses transfer to other institutions. It is the student's responsibility to contact the college or university they plan on attending to ensure that the courses will be accepted at those institutions. The official UT Martin transcript is used for this purpose, not the high school transcript. If a student encounters any difficulty in transferring a course, they should contact the UT Martin dual enrollment office at 731-881-3089.

Can students withdraw from a dual enrollment course after the course begins?

Yes, a student may withdraw from a dual enrollment course and receive a refund in accordance with the University of Tennessee at Martin policies. Students that fail to withdraw from their dual enrollment course following the proper University guidelines will receive a failing grade on their transcript. You can find withdrawal dates and procedures on the Office of Academic Records web site under Adds/Drops:

Who teaches dual enrollment courses?

All dual enrollment courses are taught by either a UT Martin regular or adjunct faculty member. High school teachers who meet the adjunct faculty criteria may teach dual enrollment courses.

Are dual enrollment courses different from other similar courses offered on the main campus at UT Martin?

No, dual enrollment courses meet the same academic standards and quality as all other courses offered by UT Martin.

How are dual enrollment courses graded?

Dual enrollment courses are graded in accordance with criteria and standards established in the course syllabus. It is the student's responsibility to check their UT Martin grades online (mid-term and final) and to ensure that they are registered for their dual enrollment course(s).

What do I need to do if I want to attend UT Martin when I graduate?

Dual enrollment students wishing to continue taking UT Martin courses after high school must formally apply to the University.

How Do I get a Transcript?

To request a transcript go to Select Transcripts from the option on the left and then complete the “Transcript Request Form.” Transcripts can only be obtained by the students’ written request. There is a $5 charge for each transcript requested. There is an additional $5 charge for having a transcript faxed.


You can either mail or fax your request to:

Office of Academic Records
University of Tennessee at Martin
103 Administration Building
Martin, TN 38238
Fax request to 731-881-7048

Apply Now

Discover UT Martin Dual Enrollment!

Apply Now!


Request a Student ID Card

Request an ID Card with our online request form.

Click Here >