1. The Safety Officer will represent the campus during any visit or inspection conducted by local, state or federal regulatory agencies.
2. The University of Tennessee at Martin does not have a Radiation Safety Officer because there are no regulated radioactive materials on campus.
3. The Safety Officer will report the visit of regulatory agencies to the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration.
4. In the event of actual or anticipated criticisms, citations, or adverse findings, the Safety Officer will report these to the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration, the Risk Manager and the UWA Risk Management Office.
5. In the event of a violation which is recognized through these inspections, every effort will be made to remedy, correct, and abate that violation.
6. The Safety Officer will immediately notify the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration, the Risk Manager, and the UWA Risk Management Office of any fines or penalties that have been proposed or levied by the regulatory agencies for alleged violations of law within the agencies' jurisdiction.