Robert LeMaster , Ph.D., P.E.
Department of Engineering
124B Joseph E. Johnson EPS Building
Phone: 731-881-7382 Fax: 731-881-7383
- Ph.D. Engineering Science, The University of Tennessee Space Institute, 1983
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, 1978
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, The University of Akron, 1976
Structures and Dynamics Department Manager
Research Branch Manager
Department of Engineering,
University of Tennessee at Martin, August 1999- present
Sverdrup Technology, Inc., Huntsville, AL 1989-1999
W. J. Schafer and Associates, Dayton, OH, 1988-1989
Sverdrup Technology, Inc., Tullahoma, TN 1983-1988
Public Service and Other Relevant Activities
- President, Faculty Senate for 2005-2006
- Chair-elect of Northwest Tennessee Section of Society of Manufacturing Engineers for 2002-2003
- Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Member of American Society for Engineering Education
- Hubbard, C.R., R.A. LeMaster, "Neutron Residual Stress Mapping of Spur Gears under Applied Load", Emerging Applications of Neutron Scattering in Materials Science and Engineering, 2009 TMS Annual Meeting and Exhibition, San Francisco, CA, February 15-19, 2009.
- R.A. LeMaster, B.L. Boggs, J.R. Bunn, J.V. Kolwyck, C.R. Hubbard, W.B. Bailey, "In-Situ Measurement of Stresses in Carburized Gears via Neutron Diffraction", American Gear Manufacturer's Association Fall Technical Meeting, October 2008, San Antonio, Texas.
- LeMaster, R.A., B. Boggs, J. Bunn, C.R. Hubbard, T. Watkins, "Grinding Induced Changes in Residual Stresses of Carburized Gears," Proceedings of the American Gear Manufacturer's Association Fall Technical Meeting, October 2007, Detroit, Michigan.
- LeMaster, R.A., R. Witmer, "Improving Student Learning of Materials Fundamentals," Proceedings of the 2005 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, June 2006.
- Farrow, D., R.A. LeMaster, "Automation Laboratory Development Enhances Student Learning," Proceedings of the 2005 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, June 2006.
- ENGR 310 Materials
- ENGR 371 Advanced Strength of Materials
- ENGR 409 Project Management
- ENGR 462 Linear Controls
- ENGR 471 Heat Transfer
- ENGR 473 Machine Design
See our engineering program
Learn More >
See our projects
Learn More >