Explore the functional and sociocultural aspects of dress and adornment in world cultures. This course provides you with the opportunity to study many cultures of the world related to:
- the traditional clothing and adornment,
- the customs of the culture, and
- traditions related to families including food, clothing and shelter.
During this class you will have the opportunity to meet and get to know someone from another country through the Conversation Partners program.
A sampling of assignments for this course include:
- Culture, Traditions and Dress Project - Researching a culture (paper and presentation)
- Conversation Partners (one-on-one with a person from another culture)
- Attending a speaker event related to world cultures
- Current Events (what is happening around the world)
See the career opportunities of Family & Consumer Sciences
Learn More >