Learn the principles of fashion design using flat pattern techniques to create fashions. The finished product of this course is a garment that you have designed.
This course involves:
- using a basic pattern to create different styles in a paper pattern and then in half-scale garments,
- creating a personalized pattern (sloper) that fits you,
- creating a design using your personalized pattern, and
- making that pattern into a garment.
A sampling of assignments for this course include:
- Creating style features with half scale patterns
- Making half-scale garments from personally designed fashions.
- Constructing your own design into a garment.
- Creating a garment using recycled materials.
See the career opportunities of Family & Consumer Sciences
Learn More >