Learn about fashion and adornment from ancient times to today.
This course includes learning about:
- why specific fashions were worn in different time periods,
- what makes fashion styles change and reappear from year to year,
- how the development of technology has changes the fashion industry, and
- fashion designers who have been successful world-wide.
A sampling of assignments for this course include:
- Review of movies during the 20th century and fashions worn
- Comparing fashions from the past with today's fashions
- Fashion designer project (research and presentation)
- (Of course there will be exams, in-class activities)
See the career opportunities of Family & Consumer Sciences
Learn More >