Learn all about the fashion industry and how it works. This course is an overview for those interested in learning more about fashion and the many different facets of the industry and careers.
In this course you will learn:
- the social, psychological and cultural factors influencing the fashions we buy,
- what people in different life cycle stages need to know about fashion,
- why retail stores offer what they do,
- aspects of advertising and promotion of fashion, including fashion show production,
- what careers are available in the field of fashion.
A sampling of assignments for this course include:
- Careers research and presentation
- Current fashion trends web search
- Group Project - fashion Count
See the career opportunities of Family & Consumer Sciences
Learn More >