Learn about how to dress to look your best. This course covers the principles and elements of design related to personal and professional dress.
This course includes learning and putting to use concepts related to:
- what colors look best on you,
- how lines in garments make you look taller, shorter, larger, or smaller,
- consumer clothing selection issues,
- how you dress affects your attitude and interactions with others and,
- reworking your wardrobe to look your best.
A sampling of assignments for this course include:
- Self Analysis of your body type and what styles look best on you
- Elements and principles of design notebook (finding examples of these in clothing)
- Client project (dressing someone else so they will look their best)
See the career opportunities of Family & Consumer Sciences
Learn More >