If you have questions regarding what you must pay the University at registration, please call the Business Office at (731) 881-7810.
Aid is granted subject to the following conditions:
1. To receive financial aid from the federal financial aid programs, a student must be enrolled, in most cases at least half time (6
credit hours), as a regular student and must be working toward a degree or certificate.
2. Tennessee Student Assistance Awards (state grants) are made by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation in Nashville. As we are notified which students will receive the grant, UT Martin awards will be revised to include the grant. Revisions made to
include a state grant may sometimes reduce or cancel aid previously awarded. WARNING--StateGrant recipients who complete requirements for a bachelor's degree must NOT accept further Tennessee Student Assistant Award payments.
3. The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office reserves the right on behalf of the University to review and cancel an award at any
time because of changes in financial, marital, or academic status, changes of academic programs, or misuse of federal or
institutional program funds. BE SURE TO NOTIFY THE FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS OFFICE IN ADVANCE
IF YOU ANTICIPATE ANY OF THE ABOVE CHANGES SO THAT WE MAY ADVISE YOU OF THE STATUS OF YOUR
4. Federal guidelines state that federal aid may be subject to aid received from sources outside the University. You are asked to
report any scholarship, loan, grant, or other aid which you will receive from any source not included on this award letter. Failure
to do so could result in termination of the financial assistance offered by the University.
5. For a student to be eligible for Title IV aid the student must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), and be maintaining Office of Admissions requirements; UTM Office of Admissions.
6. Students receiving financial aid who find it necessary to withdraw from the University for any reason must notify Student Affairs
prior to withdrawal. Such students may be asked to repay any appropriate amount of the student aid which they have received.
7. New recipients of the Federal Perkins Loan are required to sign a promissory note at registration.
8. If awarded Federal Work Study (FWS), to activate your OFFER, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED to set up an INTERVIEW with the
department of your choosing. Employment opportunities will be posted on the Financial Aid website. Upon a successful job
interview, to be placed on payroll, you must bring with you to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office, your driver's license, your student ID, and
Social Security Card or birth certificate. Also, all payroll checks will be automatically deposited to your checking or savings
account. Please bring a blank, voided check with you.
9. Financial Aid is awarded on an academic year (August - July) basis and is subject to change each year.
10. The University reserves the right to release to the United State Department of Education, state agencies, scholarship donors, and scholarship selection committees any information requested pertinent to this application (i.e. Enrollment status, address, grade
point average, and financial need). However, the University believes the application for the receipt of financial assistance is a
confidential matter, information will be released only to the officials of the above mentioned offices and committees unless it
receives proper authorization for such release.
11. Financial Aid is contingent on adequate federal appropriations for the student aid programs and receipt by the University of those
funds. The University reserves the right to reduce award(s) if anticipated funding is not received.
12. WARNING—FEDERAL PELL Grant recipients who complete requirements for a bachelor's degree must NOT accept further
FEDERAL PELL Grant payments.