- Federal Work Study/Student Employment
If you need answers right away to questions about federal student aid, call one of the numbers below at the Federal Student Aid Information Center between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), Monday through Friday:
- 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) The Department of Education Information Center:
- assist you in completing the federal student financial aid application
- tell you whether a school participates in the federal student aid programs and that school's default rate
- explain federal student aid eligibility requirements
- explain the process of determining financial need and awarding aid
- send federal student aid publications to you
- 1-800-730-8913 If you're hearing-impaired you may call this toll-free TDD.
- 1-800-MIS-USED (1-800-647-8733) If you have reason to suspect any fraud, waste, or abuse involving federal student aid funds, you may call this toll-free number, which is the hotline to the U.S. Department of Education's Inspector General's office. You may remain anonymous.