Student Recreation Center
The University of Alabama
"I had such a great experience at UT Martin! Being from out of state, I had no idea this place existed until I showed up on campus! But while I was here, I wanted to get involved and sought opportunities that would broaden my experience at UT Martin. Working at Campus Recreation and the Fine Arts Computer lab helped me build a network of friends that are so valuable to me. I loved the fact that my professors were available to help me while I was there, but also welcomed me “home” whenever I came back for a visit. I have a job that I love and I credit UT Martin for helping me get to where I am, personally and professionally."
"I am very proud to be a graduate of the Fine Arts program at UT Martin. While the education I received was fantastic, it was the relationships I had with my faculty and staff that set my experience apart. They didn't just tell me that they cared, but they showed me. Almost 10 years later, I still communicate with several professors and staff members and probably always will. I am now the proud owner of Raines Design, a creative marketing company. We service our clients through a carefully selected blend of solutions including printed media, advertisements, the web, and commercial printing. Without the foundation I received at UT Martin, I don't know if my success would have been possible."
Liberty Technology Magnet High School
"The Visual and Theatre Arts Department provided me with the tools to succeed by offering many opportunities to get involved and network with artists and art educators. The faculty and staff were and are still very supportive and helpful in my career decisions. Because of my UTM experience, that I am immersed in the field of art education, a profession that I love."
Jody Stokes-Casey was recently recognized as the Tennessee Art Education Association First Year Art Educator of the Year.
- Students with arts skills and arts abilities (performing, writing, drawing, whatever) have marketable skills. Skills that most other people do not have. Skills and abilities that are in demand.
- UT Martin can help you fully realize your talents and prepare you for your life's work - not just working to live.
- In addition to the standard academic scholarships, arts scholarships are also available for incoming 1st year and upper-level students.
- Studio class size ranges from 15-20 students (you recieve the attention you deserve)
- Graduates recieve the right training with the latest in tools, technique, and technology for today's competitive working world.
- The Graphic Design Lab has the latest in technology and software, easily accessible to our students.
- Our highly reguarded faculty "pay attention" to your needs - which really "pays" off after graduation. (Average student/teacher ratio of 13 to 1)
- The Visual and Theatre Arts Department Art Education program has a 100% placement record.
- The Visual and Theatre Arts Department Dance Education emphasis is the first (and best) in the State of Tennessee.
- Theatre emphasis students regularly attend professional competitive auditions at both the state and regional levels.
- Our programs give you ample opportunity for performing or exhibiting works. We believe you can't succeed unless you participate. Opportunities include Vanguard Theatre, The UT Martin Dance Ensemble, The VTA Annual Student Art Exhibition, The Artists of the 21st Century, senior art exhibitions, professional performance auditions, guest artists, workshops, festivals, museum trips, and much more.
- Students participate in professional, academic, and service activities through Alpha Psi Omega (National Theatre Honor Society), The Collegiate Dance Association (dance education), and The Visual Arts Society (art/graphic design).