Dr. Welles was the long-time doctor for the UT Martin football team. He volunteered his services with the program for 15 years.
After serving four years in the Navy during World War II, he entered the UT Medical School in Memphis where he graduated in 1950. He interned in Houston and then practiced three years in Hallettsville, Texas.
In 1954, he returned to Tennessee and opened a practice in Dresden. Dr. Welles was a member of the Weakley County School Board, various medical associations, director of the Weakley County Bank, and officer in the Tennessee National Guard, retiring with the rank of Colonel. He died Nov. 2, 1988.
View schedules, buy season tickets and more