Exercise Science & Wellness has been recently revised to accommodate course work required for graduate study and careers in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Chiropractic, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy, Kinesiotherapy, and other health-related professions. This concentration also enables students for careers in Community Health and Wellness, Corporate Wellness, Personal Training, and Athletic Strength Coach.
- 10 week (400 clock hour) Internship anywhere in the world
- 3 full semesters of Clinical Laboratory Experience prior to Internship
- Majors will be ACSM and NSCA certification-ready
- Service Learning Opportunities in Health Promotion available
Upon graduating from the University of Tennessee at Martin with a B.S in Health and Human Performance and a concentration in Exercise Science & Wellness students will:
- Outcome 1: Identify and explain evidence-based principles and theories of exercise and wellness.
- Outcome 2: Apply evidence-based knowledge, skills, and abilities within the domains of exercise science and wellness.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate decision-making influenced by evidence-based practices within the domains of exercise science and wellness.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate proficiency in technology within the exercise science and wellness domains.
- Outcome 5: Assess, plan and implement evidence-based physical activity and/or exercise interventions in clinical, health-related, and training environments.
Students will be required to take a comprehensive Exit Examination prior to graduation.
Advisors for Exercise Science and Wellness Students
Dr. Deborah Gibson
Dr. Ajit Korgaokar
Dr. Todd Sherman
Click here for HPER 491 Internship information.
Area of Concentration Form