Exercise Science & Wellness has been recently revised to accommodate course work required for graduate study and careers in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Chiropractic, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy, Kinesiotherapy, and other health-related professions. This concentration also enables students for careers in Community Health and Wellness, Corporate Wellness, Personal Training, and Athletic Strength Coach.
- 10 week (400 clock hour) Internship anywhere in the world
- 3 full semesters of Clinical Laboratory Experience prior to Internship
- Majors will be ACSM and NSCA certification-ready
- Service Learning Opportunities in Health Promotion available
Exercise Science/Wellness Concentration Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and explain the principles and theories within the domains of exercise science and wellness.
- Apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities within the domains of exercise science and wellness.
- Demonstrate decision-making influenced by evidence-based practices within the domains of exercise science and wellness.
- Demonstrate proficiency in technology within the exercise science and wellness domains.
- Assess, plan, and implement physical activity and/or exercise interventions in clinical, health-related, and training environments.
- Demonstrate awareness of professional development and continuing education within the domains of exercise science and wellness.
Students will be required to take a comprehensive Exit Examination prior to graduation.
Advisors for Exercise Science and Wellness Students
Dr. Deborah Gibson
Dr. Andrea Johnson
Dr. Ajit Korgaokar
Dr. Todd Sherman
Mr. Mark Walton
Click here for HPER 491 Internship information.
Click here to download Area of Concentration form