The Department of Health and Human Performance offers two levels of scholarships: First-Time Freshman and Upperclassman.
First Time Freshman Scholarships
Four (4) scholarship awards of $1000 each for first-time freshman entering The University of Tennessee at Martin and declaring a major in one of the department's four concentrations. Applications should be submitted no later than February 15th and should include a separate sheet giving information about yourself, your background, educational goals, professional aspirations, and reasons why you have chosen to pursue a career in Health and Human Performance. Click here to download the criteria and application: APPLICATION
Four (4) scholarship awards of $1,000 each (to be applied to next academic year's education expenses) are available to all students majoring in the Department of Health and Human Performance who have been enrolled for at least two semesters. Students must have a GPA of at least 3.0 to be considered. Deadline for application is February 15th.
Applications for these scholarships should include:
- A copy of a completed Personal Information Form (see departmental office for form or click here to download page 1 and page 2 ).
- A current resume
- A 1-2 page typed essay which includes responses to the following items:
1. Scholarship (GPA and any honors or scholarships received).
2. Professional Involvement (membership and participation in professional organizations such as SHAPE club, University of Tennessee at Martin Athletic Training Society (UTMATS), STEA, TAHPERD, AAHPERD, etc., professional meetings attended, etc.
3. University Service
4. Community Service
5. A description of how you serve as a positive role model for the profession and your peers.
6. An explanation of why you deserve this scholarship.
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN PERFORMANCE, 3006 ELAM CENTER.
Click here for University of Tennessee Scholarship Information.