Each term students in the International Programs can participate in a wide variety of social activities. Here are some examples of past and regular activities:
- Welcome and closing parties which include barbeques, sandwiches or ice cream socials.
- Weekly shopping trips to Walmart
- Workshops to help you acclimate and learn some history, such as Tennessee folk songs and obtaining a driver’s license
- UTM Skyhawk sporting events such as football, baseball, basketball, tennis and soccer AND regional sporting events
- Celebrations from various countries such as Saudi Foundation Day and Chinese Spring and Fall Festivals
- Participation in local fall festivals such as Martin’s Soybean Festival, Dresden’s Iris Festival, and Fulton’s Banana Festival
- Campus club and recreational activities at the Student Recreation Center, including volleyball, dodgeball and badminton with American students
- Shopping trips and cultural visits to Nashville, Memphis, Paducah, KY and St. Louis MO
- Outdoor excursions such as camping and Reelfoot Lake
- Informal visits to local business, coffee shops and restaurants both during and after class.
International Week each spring is a campus-wide celebration of cultures of the world. The International Food Fair is the most memorable experience for International students because it is a chance for them to teach the community about the foods, clothing and customs of their homelands.
마틴, 마틴 테네시 주립 대학교 및 영어 프로그램에 대해 더 알고싶으시면 여기를 클릭해