The Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to the mission and vision of the University of Tennessee. ITS provides centralized, high-quality information technology and communications resources and services through shared resources, common infrastructure and functions in support of the academic and administrative activities of the University of Tennessee at Martin. These services are in place to provide a flexible infrastructure to meet the rapidly changing needs for instruction, all types of learning, research, and administrative functions.
Our core values influence daily operational decisions and long-term strategic decisions. Each employee of ITS is tasked with understanding and demonstrating the core values.
- Keep UT Martin at the forefront of technology and communications.
- Provide excellent services.
- Make a difference in the way on-campus and distance education students learn.
- Positively and proactively respond to change.
- Provide a stable, reliable, state-of-the-art technology infrastructure.
- Application Development, Banner, Portal, and Imaging Administration, and Operations System Administration and Server Infrastructure, Academic Computing, Security, and Video Network
- Network Administration and Infrastructure, Telephone Services, Cable TV
- Instructional Technology and Web Services
- Technical Services Field Support, Classroom Technology, Multifunction Devices and Imaging
- Computer Store and Digital Printing Services
- Budgets and Office Management
- Planning and Leadership
Information Technology Services Core Services
1.0 Leadership for Information Technology
Goal: Provide leadership for the University of Tennessee Martin in its evaluation and deployment of current and emerging technology. Define technology standards based on industry best practices.
1.1 Technology Strategic Planning
1.2 Lifecycle and Capacity Management
1.3 IT Standards and Policies
1.4 Change Management
1.5 Contracts and License Management
1.6 Technology Consulting
1.7 Evaluation, Research, and Development of Emerging Technology
1.8 Technology Assessment and Improvement
1.9 Financial Management and Accountability
1.10 Internal and External Technology Business Relationship Management
2.0 Client Services and Support
Goal: Create a student, faculty, and staff focused environment with efficient and effective delivery of services and support to meet the needs through courteous, prompt, and knowledgeable interactions.
2.1 Technology Education, Training, and Faculty Development
2.2 Video Production
2.3 Web Casting
2.4 Video Conferencing
2.5 Cable TV
2.6 Helpdesk Services Local. Remote, and Mobile
2.7 Test and Evaluation Scantron Services
2.8 Managed Software Distribution and Licensing
2.9 Computer Life Cycle Management
2.10 Configuration Management and Deployment
2.11 Classroom Technology
2.12 Computer Labs
2.13 Faculty Technology Lab
2.14 Printer, Scanner, and Copier Life Cycle Management
2.15 Technology Hardware, Accessories, and Software Acquisition
2.16 Volume Digital Printing Services
2.17 Campus and Long Distance Phone Services
2.18 Technology Problem and Solution Service
3.0 Information and Network Security
Goal: Deploy an affordable and sustainable model of securing critical and sensitive information and processes.
3.1 Incident Response
3.2 Risk Assessment and Management
3.3 Technology Related Physical Security
3.4 Technology Business Continuity Planning
3.5 Technology Disaster Recovery Planning
3.6 Security Awareness Training
3.7 Network Security
3.8 Server and Workstation Security
3.9 Database and Information Security
3.10 Antivirus and Malware Tools
4.0 Enterprise Applications and Data Integration
Goal: Deploy and maintain enterprise applications which support instruction, administrative functions, and outreach activities in a cost effective and coordinated environment.
4.1 Instructional Applications
- a. Blackboard Learning Management System
- b. Wimba Voice Tools
- c. Blackboard Online Student Orientation
- d. Echo 360 Classroom Capture
- e. iTunesU
4.2 Administrative Systems Administration
4.4 Data Integration
- a. CBORD Card Access
- b. Pharos Print Management
- c. FileMaker Pro Applications
- d. OrgSync Student Organizations
- e. National Clearinghouse Integration
- f. Tennessee XAP Implementation Integration
- g. UT System Financial Systems
- h. UT System Human Resources Systems
- i. UT System Alumni Systems
- j. UT System Business Warehouse
4.5 Web Site Design and Administration
4.6 Online Course Design and Evaluation
5.0 Infrastructure and Architecture
Goal: Provide a stable, reliable, state-of-the-art infrastructure that is planned and managed in a way that meets the needs of the campus constituency.
5.1 Data Center Operations
5.2 Backup and Recovery
5.3 Virtual Server Administration
5.4 Storage Administration
5.5 Web Hosting
5.6 Database Hosting
5.7 Streaming Media
5.8 Print Management
5.9 Keyserver Software Management
5.10 Cable TV Infrastructure and Management
5.11 Telephone Infrastructure and Management
5.12 Video Network Services
5.13 Wired Network Services
5.14 Wireless Network Services
5.15 Network Management Services
5.16 Remote Access Services
5.17 Service Continuity and Availability Management
5.18 Emergency Communications
5.19 Release Management
The following are companies that we have partnered with to bring exceptional quality and service to the UT Martin community.