The Office of Information Technology Services provides high-quality information technology and communications resources and services through shared resources, common infrastructure, and common functions in support of the administrative and academic activities of the University of Tennessee at Martin.
Online Services available 24 hours from anywhere, anytime through the SungardHE Banner Student Information System
- Register for classes, check grades, pay fees, or view your unofficial transcript
- Apply, view, accept Financial Aid
- Check progress toward graduation requirements
- See how changing majors impacts your degree requirements
- The myUTMartin portal for single-sign on, easy access to online resources
- Google Apps for Education for email, calendar, task list, address books, team collaboration, and much more
- Parents and students can put money on the SkyhawkCard online through the Banner Web
- Faculty can fully advise students, view and print rosters and course schedules, and enter grades via Banner Student Information System web interface for faculty
Residence Halls and campus apartments
- High speed wireless Internet access
- 72 Cable TV Channels including four (4) premium movie channels
- Free voice mail services and low cost long distance
- Helpdesk Assistants available to aid in connecting to the network and other technology related questions.
- The Helpdesk on the second floor of the Library - walk-in during Library hours
- Telephone, chat, web, or email assistance 7:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Friday, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm Saturday, and 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm Sunday
- Information Technology Services utilizes the talents of UT Martin students to assist in meeting the needs of the campus, by hiring students as workers in a variety of areas
- Sign up, through the Banner Web, to receive a TXT message for emergency notifications
- Anti-virus software is required
- Easy network authentication process
- Skyhawk card access to secured areas, vending machine, laundry facilities, and printing
State of the art technology
- One-third of the computers in all labs are replaced each year. Lab virtualization is implemented in several labs providing access to all software on the virtualization system.
- Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7 is installed on lab computers
- File storage space on a Windows Enterprise server and Google Apps
- Student general access labs in the Library and University Center. There are many department specific computer labs throughout the campus.
- 24 hour access to lab computers in the Library 24 hour area
- Wireless notebooks available for checkout in the Library
- Color printers and scanners
- Multi-media stations are available in the Library to produce all types of digital media for assignments and portfolios
- Digital Printing Services on campus to meet special printing needs
- Interactive Video Network with 4 classrooms on the Martin campus and connections to classrooms in Jackson, Selmer, Camden, Paris, Lake County, McKenzie, Ripley, Knoxville, and Memphis for teaching courses through the video network
- 8 Echo360 equipped classrooms for producing video content for instruction
- 500 megabits to the Internet
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n access throughout the campus
Classrooms and Instruction
- SPSS and ArcGIS are available to faculty, staff, and students. Click here to Download SPSS
- Blackboard, the campus online course management system, provides an online interface between faculty and students for specific course assignments, documents, and instructional activities, including Wimba Voice tools, and much more
- One-fifth of the classroom technology is replaced each year
- All classrooms are equipped with multi-media units
- Utilize video conferencing. Adobe Connect or Distance Learning rooms are available
- One-third of the faculty members receive new computers each year
- The Instructional Technology Center provides training, consulting, and workshops assist faculty with the integration of technology into the curriculum
UT Martin Computer Store
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Office are available for institutionally owned computers and faculty/staff work at home computers through the Microsoft Campus Agreement
- Educational, volume, discount pricing on computers, software, gaming machines, and other technology and accessories
- Receive maintenance and repair on equipment purchased through the store
The services provided by Information Technology Services are in place to provide a flexible infrastructure to meet the rapidly changing needs for instruction, all types of learning, research, and administrative functions.
Welcome to the UT Martin Information Technology Services Help Desk. We are here to serve our faculty, staff and students with technology related questions or problems. We have a knowledgeable staff ready to assist you.
Visit Help Desk >
The Office of Information Technology Services maintains several computer labs across campus. You must have a valid UT Martin staff or student ID card to gain access to the lab. Once inside, you must have a valid username and password login to gain access to the campus network.
View Computer Labs >