These specialized computers located in the Steven E. Rogers Media Center Department are new, full-featured, state-of-the-art machines featuring hardware and software which will allow students to create many different types of multimedia content. These computers are available during normal Library operating hours. Here is a summary of the different hardware and software features of the Student Multimedia Workstation computers:
- CD-RW burner- You can burn your own CD-Rs or CD-RWs
- DVD burner - Using the video creation software (mentioned below) you can create your own DVDs
- HP Scanner - you can scan pictures or scan documents using the available OCR software. You can even scan 35mm slides!
- TV/VCR combo unit - save the movies that you create onto a VCR tape
- Headset microphone and speakers - record your own audio files using the audio creation software (mentioned below)
- USB and Firewire ports - these connections allow you to attach devices to the computer such as digital cameras, video cameras, and external hard drives
- Adobe Photoshop - create and edit images
- Pinnacle Studio 12 - create video clips from footage on your own VCR tapes or digital camera, then burn them to DVD or CD, or put them on the internet
- Adobe Acrobat - create and edit PDF files
- Microsoft Office 2010 - create and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access documents
If you have any questions about this new service, feel free to call the Media Services department at 587-7063. We look forward to helping you!
Access the Library's video and webcasts of the Academic Speaker Series.
View Academic Speakers >