Welcome! Modern Foreign Languages offers the following programs:
(B.A.degree); Certificates of Proficiency and minors in French, German, Japanese
Modern Foreign Languages supports the mission of the University by:
- providing undergraduate instruction in certain important world languages and cultures;
- improving the literacy and communication skills of the non-major (reading,
writing, pronunciation, grammar, listening and vocabulary building);
- improving cross-cultural understanding, international awareness and appreciation of one’s own culture;
- preparing advanced-level students for careers or graduate study in which these skills, knowledge, and awareness are valuable
- sharing its expertise in world languages and cultures with the outside community and professionals in the field;
- participating in the activities of civic and professional organizations which promote the study of world languages and cultures and public interest in them.
We use the ACTFL guidelines to mark student progress toward proficiencies in
Would you like to know why learning a foreign language is vital to your future?
Click here and find out.