Every effort has been made to make your stay on our campus a pleasant one. Though rules and regulations have been kept to a minimum, we ask that you abide by them and cooperate at all times.
- Behavior – Camp participants will demonstrate appropriate behavior at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, language, body language, responsibility, respect of oneself, others and personal and university property.
- Punctuality – Always be on time and ready for what is scheduled. This means arriving a few minutes early for all classes, rehearsals and activities. Allow enough time to set-up your instrument, music stand, etc. so you are completely ready for the start of rehearsals.
- Attendance – With the exception of illness or emergency, no one will be excused from rehearsals, concerts, classes or activities.
- Drop-off/Pick-up – All campers should be dropped off and picked up at the main entrance of the Fine Arts Building. Campers should be dropped off with enough time to prepare for the first rehearsal at 9:00 am and be picked up promptly at 4:00 pm.
- Illegal Substances – The use of tobacco, illegal drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in immediate dismissal from camp.
- Instrument Storage – For purposes of personal practice and liability, your personal instrument should be taken home daily. Exceptions may be made for large instruments (tubas, baritones/euphoniums, French horns, contra-bass clarinets, baritone saxophones and percussion).
- Illness – Report illness or accident immediately to a Student Instructor, Faculty member or Camp Director.
- Cell Phones – Must be kept secured during the day or powered completely off.
- Activities – All campers are required to participate in all camp events – classes, rehearsals and evening activities. The next day’s activities will be announced the day prior to allow students time to prepare.
- Dress – Dress for the camp is casual. Keep all attire appropriate and tasteful in all capacities. Informance Dress – Camp T-shirt and khaki pants/shorts.
Friends of Music sponsors concerts, guest artists, and educational events on campus, provides scholarships for deserving music students and enhances the musical life of UT Martin students.
Join Our Mailing List or
Click Here to Give Now!
Click below to request more information about the UTM Department of Music.
Request Information >
What have the student and faculty of the UTM Department of Music been up to recently?
Click here to find out! >
A collection of documents designed to assist music educators in the field.
View Director Resources >