- Be admitted to UTM as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.75
- Prerequisite Courses: Math 140 or Math 100/110, Psychology 101, Microbiology 251, Zoology 251, Zoology 352 or the equivalent of these courses.
- A minimum grade of C is required in all prerequisite courses (see above).
- Only one (1) science prerequisite course may be repeated; if repeated, the second earned letter grade will be used in the GPA calculation (regardless if grade is higher or lower).
- Science Courses that are seven (7) years or older will not be transferrable. This does not apply to RN-BSN applicants.
- ATI TEAS score* at the PROFICIENCY LEVEL or greater.
- Candidates may be required to complete an interview process.
- For non-native English** speakers: Paper TOEFL score of 550 or greater or Internet-based 80 or higher. Speaking score of 26 or higher.
- Applications must be received in the Department of Nursing by February 15 for fall admission.
- Students who are transferring from another nursing program must submit a letter of good standing from the Dean/Director of the previous nursing program.
- Transfer applicants with a D in two (2) Nursing courses will not be admitted into Nursing. This includes repeated Nursing courses in which a grade above C was earned.
* The ATI TEAS is the required pre-admission test for entrance into the nursing program. Total scores for the TEAS are reported as levels, and a total score at the PROFICIENCY LEVEL of achievement is the minimum acceptable level for candidates applying to the nursing program. The TEAS can only be taken a maximum of two (2) times for one application cycle. Applicants will be ranked based upon the highest total percentile score in case of identical scores. This test is not required for applicants entering the RN-BSN option.
** TOEFL scores required for non-native English speakers seeking admission to the BSN Program or RN-BSN Program at UTM. Applicants must achieve a TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper test or 80 on the Internet-based test if their native language is not English. A minimum speaking score of 26 is also required. Official scores are required prior to admission and completed within two (2) years of admission to the nursing program. Without acceptable scores, there is no English language conditional admit available.