When a UT Martin regular employee earns an advanced degree which compliments his/her job responsibilities, a salary increase may be appropriate if approved in accordance with the following eligibility requirements.
- An advanced degree salary increase proposal must be approved in writing by the appropriate member of the Chancellor’s cabinet. It is the responsibility of the employee to initiate the proposal. The approval should be obtained before the employee begins the advanced degree.
- The advanced degree must compliment the employee’s current job responsibilities and have the support of all administrative levels up to the appropriate member of the Chancellor’s cabinet.
- The employee’s job performance rating must be satisfactory at the time that the plan is approved and when the degree is completed.
- A salary increase of up to $1,000 annually may be awarded for a master’s degree.
- A salary increase of up to $3,000 annually may be awarded for a doctorate degree.
View employment openings at UTM.
Learn More >