Students will be charged a $25 fee for every course that is dropped after the 1st week of classes during regular semesters. Contact Business Affairs for fees that are charged for dropping during the summer semesters.
- Students may register, add, or drop classes via their advisors or via the Web through the eighth week of class.
- Students may drop classes via the Registrar's Office through the 8th week of the semester.
- Students may withdraw from classes anytime from the 2nd week through the 8th week of classes (with a grade of W).
- Please see the Important Dates web page for complete information concerning the dates for adding and dropping courses.
- Courses may not be dropped after the first eight weeks of a semester unless it can be clearly demonstrated that one of the following exists:
In the event of such certification, and the approval of the student's advisor and the registrar, the student shall be permitted to drop and will receive a grade of W.
Under no circumstances may a course be dropped after the last day of class or after administration of the final exam, whichever occurs first.
A student will not be permitted to drop a course after the first eight weeks of the semester simply to avoid a poor grade.
Students dropping all of their course load during any semester are withdrawing from the university.
The withdrawal process is initiated by filling out the Withdrawal Form available thru the Student's Banner Self-Service.
- Serious illness or injury of the student as verified by the student health services or private physician
- Serious personal or family problems as verified by a minister, physician, or other appropriate professional
- Necessary change in work schedule which conflicts with the class being dropped, as verified by the student's employer submitted in writing on company letterhead.
If you have questions concerning the withdrawal process, contact Carah Hooten at:
Phone: (731) 881-7578
Calculate your GPA with this calculator!
Click Here >
View the final exam schedule.
View Now >