III. Problem Statement or Needs Assessment
Documents the Need to be Met or Problems to be Solved by the Proposed Funding
1. Relates to purposes and goals of applicant agency
2. Is of reasonable dimensions--not trying to solve all the problems of the world
3. Is supported by statistical evidence
4. Is supported by statements from authorities
5. Is stated in terms of clients' needs and problems--not the applicant's
6. Is developed with input from clients and beneficiaries
7. Is not the "lack of a program," unless the program always works
8. Makes no unsupported assumptions
9. Is free of jargon
10. Is interesting to read
11. Is as brief as possible
12. Makes a compelling case
Institutional Review Board Application
Submit this application for approval of projects involving human research subjects.
1st Floor Conference Room Form
Submit this form to reserve the 1st floor conference room.
Beginning in fiscal year 2013, SAMHSA discretionary grant applications must be submitted electronically through Grants.gov...