Frequently Asked Questions & Web Links


Click to expand/collapse

Where is Student Health and Counseling Services located

Student Health and Counseling Services is located on the southeastern portion of campus, behind Cooper Hall and across from University Village Phase 1.

How do I contact Student Health and Counseling Services?

For contact information click here.

Do I need health insurance?

Student Health and Counseling Services does not file any insurance claims, but we strongly recommend insurance coverage for students in case medical services are rendered from an off-campus provider. The University of Tennessee offers a student accident and sickness insurance plan underwritten by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company. Rates are available by clicking here.  

Are there charges to use the services?

There is no charge for an office visit to see the clinician or for counseling sessions. Minimal charges are applied for certain services and supplies. Physical charge range from $3 - $35.

If I have any charges, what form of payment is accepted

The only payment method accepted is Skyhawk Silver funds. You can put funds on your skyhawk Silver account using variety of methods. Please click here to learn more.

Who is eligible for services?

To be eligible for services students must be currently enrolled in classes at the time services are requested.

Web Links

Go Ask Alice:

University of Tennessee Student Insuarnce Health Plan 

Programming ideas for Residence Assistants:

Sexual Misconduct

Know what to do if you or someone you know is a victim of power-based personal violence.

Learn More >

Suicide Prevention

If you have had thoughts of suicide, know that you are not alone. We are here to help.

Learn More >