Structural History of UT Martin

Name(s) of Building:

Hall-Moody Dining Hall; Old Dining Hall

hmdine

Construction Dates: after 1913 but before 1926; demolished 1935

Cost: Unknown

Brief History:

The old dining hall was one of the original Hall-Moody Institute buildings purchased by the University of Tennessee. It was a frame structure measuring 32 feet by 42 feet and accommodated 100-125 students when it was fully operational. The building contained a dining hall, pantry, storeroom and kitchen. It was replaced by a new structure in 1935.

Return

Apply Now

Ready to become Skyhawk? Find out how.

Visit Admissions >

 

Library

With the official opening on June 9, 1995, the library expanded to 120,000 square feet, and the renovation included space for a Special Collections area, a Media Center, and group study space.

Visit the Library >