Name(s) of Building: Hall-Moody Gymnasium
Construction Dates: 1924; Demolished 1931
The old gymnasium was constructed in 1924 for the reinstitution of intermural sports. The 1927 Sanborn map shows it sitting immediately to the south of Ellis Hall. It was constructed to allow the outside could be faced in brick, but was incomplete when the campus was purchased for the University of Tennessee in 1927.
The building measured 91 feet by 64 feet and consisted of a regulation basketball court with a stated seating capacity of 700. There were no locker rooms, the only amenities were two showers off in one corner. The building was demolished soon after the completion of the new physical education building (now the Football Gymnasium) in 1931.