Name(s) of Buildings: Men's Residence Hall; Browning Hall; Business Administration Building
The postwar enrollment boom illustrated the need for new men's housing. To keep up with demand, Moody Avenue was closed between University and Hurt streets, and a new men's residence hall was built almost atop the old street in 1951. It was designed to housed 150 students and contained the Student Recreation Center, sometimes referred to as "the Wagon Wheel." The structure was conceived to have symetrical wings running at right angles to its ends, but only part of one wing on the north was ever built. On December 5, 1966, the building was officially dubbed Browning Hall in honor of Governor Gordon Browning. Between 1967 and 1973 the building was used as both a women's and men's dormitory.
In 1975, the building was converted from a dormitory into offices and classrooms. Two years later the Business Administration Department relocated to Browning Hall from the Hall-Moody Administration Building. The name was changed from Browning Hall to the Business Administration Building in 1990. At present it houses the College of Business and Public Affairs.