Name(s) of Buildings: Science Building; Sociology Building
Construction Dates: 1927-1929
Not long after constructur on the Home Economics building began, a site for a Science Building was prepared and foundation set. The Science Building, now called the Sociology Building, faces the Home Ec building across the quadrangle and was originally used for offices and classrooms for the Physical and Industrial Sciences Department between 1929 and 1961. After the completion of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Building in 1961, the building was used for overflow classrooms, the faculty club, and as the main facility for the All-Students Association. The building was later used to house the Social Sciences Department, which included programs in drama and the Vanguard Theater. From 1971 to the present it has served as the center for the Sociology Department.