Structural History of UT Martin

Structural History of UT Martin

Name(s) of Buildings: Westview Terrace; "Incubator Hill"

westview.jpg

Construction Dates: 1954-1955; demolished 1975

Cost: not known

Brief History:

Westview Terrace was a temporary housing complex for married students on a site directly north of the football field (now occupied by the McWherter Complex) composed of 26 two- and three-room cottages. The structures were surplus units secured after World War II from decommissioned Camp Breckenridge, Ky. It was conceived as housing for married students and was colloquially known as "Incubator Hill." The buildings were torn down in 1975 and briefly replaced by the relocated Lovelace House, before the Agricultural pavilion was completed. Students are now housed in the University Courts apartments.

Return

Apply Now

Ready to become Skyhawk? Find out how.

Visit Admissions >

 

Library

With the official opening on June 9, 1995, the library expanded to 120,000 square feet, and the renovation included space for a Special Collections area, a Media Center, and group study space.

Visit the Library >