Greenfield Manufacturing Company Newsletters
The Greenfield Manufacturing Company began operations in December 1947 in Greenfield, Tennessee. During the Korean War the plant supplied overcoats, parkas and field jackets for the American Armed Forces. Following the war, merchandising agreements with Sears, Roebuck and Company to make women's apparel expanded the business into Dresden and Martin, Tennessee. In December 1961, the company merged with the Kellwood Company. By the middle 1960's, the number of employees had reached a peak of close to 700. In the 1970's, the influence of foreign competition had reduced the number of employees and dropped production significantly. The collection consists of the company newsletter "Needle News" from 1961 to 1965.
|1||The Needle News Vol. VI||8,9,11|
|2||The Needle News Vol. VII||2,4|
|3||The Needle News Vol. VIII||1|
|4||The Needle News Vol. IX||5,6,7,8,9,10|
|5||The Needle News Vol. X||2,3,4|