Some excerpts were taken from "Weakley County" by Virginia C. Vaughan
The community of Latham was originally settled around 1850. Latham had a
thriving business community until Tennessee Highway 118 was rerouted
further north. With the diversion of traffic business declined and relocated
to other areas. In the town's hey-day, Latham had a gristmill, a blacksmith,
a drug store and a large general store.
Return to previous page.