Mears Warner (1799-1863)
Warner was born in 1799 to German parents. History records him traveling to Weakley
County in 1828 as a Commisioner to lay out the town of Dresden. He was appointed and served as
the first Circuit Court Clerk from 1825 to 1835. He also served on the Bench of Justices of the
Peace , until 1836 when the justices of the peace became an elected office. The First Presbyterian
Church of Dresden was organized at his home in 1828 and he and his wife would be its first
members. Mears Warner died in 1863 and is buried at Sunset Cemetary.
Return to previous page.