What is STEM?
The West Tennessee STEM Center for Learning is a center for professional development, resources, and research in STEM related areas.
The primary purpose of the West Tennessee STEM Center for Learning is to facilitate enhanced teaching and research in STEM disciplines throughout West Tennessee.
The West Tennessee STEM Center for Learning:
- Promotes learning opportunities in STEM-related disciplines throughout West Tennessee;
- Facilitates collaboration among UT Martin faculty to promote STEM activities; and
- Provides opportunities for STEM-based partnerships between UT Martin and outside stakeholders such as local education agencies, other colleges and universities, businesses, and communities throughout West Tennessee.
The West Tennessee STEM Center for Learning will:
- Encourage and support STEM-related outreach programs initiated by university faculty;
- Advise university faculty with designing professional development and research programs;
- Organize promotion and advertisement of programs to recruit participants; and
- Influence state policies related to mathematics, science, and technology education.
West Tennessee STEM Center for Learning
Dr. Stephanie Kolitsch, Director
University of Tennessee at Martin
227 Administration Building
Martin, TN 38238
Check out helpful links for professional development and resources
See Teachers & Professional Organizations >