The University of Tennessee at Martin Alumni Mentoring program will provide Alumni the opportunity to provide guidance to Discovery students on career-path decision making and industry experience.
What is a Mentor?
- A trusted counselor and friend
- Has a desire to learn and help others
- Is able to share life experiences
- Listens to the needs of the student
- Encourages students to explore new ideas
- Positive role model
What mentoring is not?
- Being a cool peer
- Becoming someone’s parent
- Serving as a therapist
- Policing someone’s life’s experiences
- Being a savior
Stages of the Mentoring Relationship
- Building trust
- Exploring possibilities
- Exploring the decision making process
- Positive relationship
- Any mentoring sessions, whether it is online, via telephone, or face to face, is an agreement created solely between the mentor and the mentee, entirely apart from the University of Tennessee at Martin Student Success Center and any contact is taken at your own risk and responsibility.
- By using this service you are agreeing to hold UT-Martin and the Student Success Center harmless in any dispute that may arise in the mentoring relationship.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please contact us.
Please take a moment to review the following terms and conditions: