Office of Disability Services

Services for students with disabilities


It is the policy of UT Martin to provide reasonable accommodations (academic adjustments and auxiliary aids) to assist students with disabilities in negotiating the university system.


Any student with a permanent or temporary disability MUST self-identify with the Office of Disability Services in order to receive accommodations. Documentation guidelines must be followed before a student can receive services. Services provided can include but are not limited to: note taker, scribe, extended time on test, etc.


Please view the Office of Disability Services policies for further clarification of any of the above information.


Getting Started:

  • Complete the Introductory Questionnaire and the Release of Records Forms.
  • Submit supporting documentation from a licensed professional (see the brochure for documentation guidelines).
  • Meet with a disability services advisor to discuss reasonable accommodations. Other topics that might be of assistance in academic accommodations include:
    • Educational history, the onset of disability,
    • Accommodations that have been granted in the past,
    • What has and has not been helpful,
    • Subjects of study that present specific difficulties, and why,
    • What accommodations are currently being sought.

Going Forward:

  • Meeting with the Office of Disability Services is not a singular occurrence, but the beginning of a cooperative effort throughout a student’s higher education experience.
  • The student should continue to meet with the Office of Disability Services to discuss their accommodations and for guidance as needed.
  • Registering with the Office of Disability Services is only necessary one time; however, the continued provision of academic accommodations must be requested every semester. The steps for doing so are:
    • Fill out a Letter Request form and submit to either the GA on duty or an advisor in the Office of Disability Services.
    • Letters notifying your professors of your academic accommodations will be prepared. Students must come to the Office of Disability Services for these letters. It is the responsibility of the student to deliver those letters to their professors.
    • The student will receive two copies (one original, one copy) of the letter. The professor signs both, keeps the copy, and returns the original to the student.
    • The student returns the original, signed letter to the Office of Disability Services, to be kept on file.
    • Students who wish to receive their testing accommodations in our facilities must fill out a Testing form 3 days in advance of the exam date.
  • Keep in touch. The success of each student is our goal and number one priority.

For additional information, contact the Office of Disability Services at 731.881.7605, or by email at or


Please note the following:


The process to apply for a reduction in tuition fees due to a disability begins with the Office of Academic Records; Room 103 in the Hall-Moody Administration building. The telephone number of Office of Academic Records is (731) 881-7050. The Office of Disability Services is not a part of the fee reduction procedure.

Have a Question?

8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Monday - Friday

By Phone:
(731) 881-7744

By E-Mail:

In Person:
Clement Hall, Room 256 (#37, Campus Map)
210 Hurt Street (Driving Directions) - Past Stop Sign, 2nd Building on Left)

SSC Newsletter

View Current Newsletter >