Welcome to the Edward J. and Carolyn P. Boling University Center, a Division of Student Affairs
The Boling University Center is located in the heart of The University of Tennessee at Martin campus and is home to numerous student services as well as event space to support the needs of the students, faculty, staff, and community.
The mission of the Boling University Center is to enhance the overall learning experience by supporting the student services that call the University Center home and by provide the wide range of support to various educational and recreational programming that promote faculty-student interaction and celebrate the difference among diverse community members.
The Boling University Center serves to support the programmatic activities of the campus community by offering students spaces to engage in civic, cultural, and social activities.
- Effective Communication - Properly communicate, both verbally and through written responses, the opportunities available to students and clients in the facility.
- Facilities Management - Work with Physical Plant Facilities employees to ensure that all spaces are kept clean and free of any safety hazards. Provide a safe place for students to congregate, present programming, etc.
- Policies and Procedures - Student employees will be knowledgeable of the policies and procedures regarding the University Center and emergency protocols.
- Cultural Awareness - Student employees will understand the importance of identifying the cultural needs of our campus community and customers. Actively confront acts of intolerance towards other students.
- Leadership - Train student employees in the techniques of proper logistical planning, time management, customer service, etc. in order to prepare them for future employment opportunities.
- Planning - Work with students to properly plan out logistics of upcoming events and time management skills.
- Technology - Student employees will be comfortable understanding the technology in the University Center and how to properly assist our customers and campus community.
- Provide recreational space, programs and services that enhance student life.
- Provide opportunities for student development and leadership experiences.
- Provide space for community engagement opportunities.
- Offer services for retail and professional development.