Tennessee STRONG Act for Tennessee Guardsmen
The Tennessee STRONG (Support, Training, and Renewing Opportunity for Tennessee Guardsmen) ACT establishes a pilot program to provide eligible members of the Tennessee National Guard tuition funding toward a first time bachelor’s degree for the next four years through a tuition reimbursement form.
- Be admitted to and enroll in an eligible institution
- Apply for admission at UT Martin using our online application
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Apply for and use federal tuition assistance first
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be completed each year.
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
- Available to currently serving Army National Guard soldiers
- Must complete one year of service after Initial Active Duty for Training (IADT) or Basic Leader Officer Course (BOLC)
- Pays tuition costs up to $250 per semester hour; up to 16 semester hours per fiscal year
- May be used for up to a Master’s degree
- Apply through GoArmyEd and click “New User”
- Be in good standing with the Tennessee National Guard and currently serving
- Apply for the reimbursement within 90 days of course completion
As a last-dollar reimbursement, the amount of state tuition reimbursement is offset by any other funds received. The tuition reimbursement will be made to the educational institution on behalf of an eligible member for no more than 120 credit hours or eight semesters toward a first time bachelor’s degree.
For additional requirements and details, visit the Tennessee Strong webpage .
Yellow Ribbon Application
UT Martin awards a total of 5 students into the Yellow Ribbon Program each academic year. Complete your application today!
Apply Now >