For UT Martin's Interdisciplinary minor in Women's and Gender Studies students take one required course and select 15 additional hours of course work.
Required course : Introduction to Women's and Gender Studies (WMST201/IDST 201)
Elective Courses :
- Lifespan Human Development (WMST 100/CFS 100)
- Marriage and Family (WMST 208/SOC 208)
- Understanding Human Diversity and Oppressed Populations (WMST 220/SWRK 220)
- Interpersonal Communication (WMST 231/ COM 231)
- Clothing and Human Behavior (WMST 300/TCFM 300)
- Family Relationships (WMST 303/CFS 303)
- Women in American History (WMST 304/HIST 303)
- Men and Women: Gender Roles in American Society (WMST 341/SOC 341/ANTH 341)
- Women in the Arts (WMST 350/ ARTH 350)
- Women Writers: Gender, Race, and Class (WMST 351/ENG 350)
- Psychology of Women (WMST 370/ PSYC 370)
- Topics in U.S. History (WMST 480/HIST 480)
- Comparative Family Systems (WMST 495/ SOC 495/ ANTH 495)
- Topics in Gender and Cultural Studies (WMST 496/ENG 496)
No more than six hours may be taken in a particular discipline, and a student must complete at least 12 hours of upper division credits from these courses.
For a description of each course, please see the Course Description section of your respective university catalog or view the online edition.
For UT Martin's Interdisciplinary minor in women's studies students take one required course and select 15 additional hours of course work.
View Requirements >
View Women's Studies Links >