1. Bring your assignment sheet and come prepared to explain your work and to ask questions.
2. Tutoring sessions last about twenty (20) minutes. If you need more time with a tutor, make an appointment.
3. As center consultants we can:
- Read short papers (six or fewer pages).
- Read material written for academic purposes.
- Explain patterns of error.
- Suggest options for correcting grammar.
- Suggest options for improving organization and content.
- Explain documentation styles and formats.
- Act as a sounding board during the writing process.
4. But we cannot:
- Proofread or point out every error.
- Grade or mark on your papers.
- Explain the instructor's purpose or assignment.
- Write papers for students.
- Read a paper unless the author is present.
- Read papers at the computers.
- Read the same paper multiple times.
- Read plagiarized material; the student must document all sources.
Thanksgiving Break (WC CLOSED at 2 p.m. on the 21st)
Campus Writers Read: A Roundtable (Steve Flowers)
Writing Center Staff Meeting (WC CLOSED)
Writing Workshop: Writing Speeches: Tips for Effective Communication (John Galyean)
What should you know?
Things to Know Before Conferring with a Writing Center ConsultantLearn More >