|Foreign Languages & Global Cultures|
This page targets UT Martin's Department of Modern Foreign Languages in aid of its stated mission:|
1. Providing undergraduate instruction in certain important world languages and cultures;
2. Improving the literacy and communication skills of the non-major (reading, writing, pronunciation, grammar, listening and vocabulary building);
3. Improving cross-cultural understanding and international awareness;
4. Preparing advanced-level students for careers or graduate study in which these skills, knowledge, and awareness are valuable.
5. Sharing its expertise in world languages and cultures with the outside community and professionals in the field;
6. Participating in the activities of civic and professional organizations which promote the study of world languages and cultures and public interest in them.