Admission Requirements

Transfer Admission Requirements Return to UTM Graduate Admission Requirements International Student Admission Requirements

First-Year Student

A First-Year Student is a student who has attempted fewer than 12 semester hours of college-level coursework, excluding dual enrollment courses or advanced placement credit taken in high school.

Regular Admission

Graduates from State-Accredited High Schools

Graduates from High Schools Without State Accreditation

The Following High School Courses are Required for High School Graduates

Non-Traditional Student

Students eligible for admission as non-traditional first-year students graduated from high school three or more years ago and have attempted fewer than 12 semester hours of college-level coursework.

  • 2.85 cumulative high school GPA or 19 ACT/900 SAT
  • Contact the Admissions Office (731-881-7020 or for specific admission criteria information regarding ACT and GED or HiSET test score requirements.
Transient Student

A Transient Student is a student from another college or university who would like to attend UT Martin for one semester only.

Admission Requirements

  • Must meet admissions standards for transfer students
  • Only be enrolling in UT Martin for one semester
  • Must submit a statement of good academic standing from former institution
Post-Baccalaureate Student

Admission Requirements

The first step is to complete an admissions application at If you did not receive your bachelor's degree from UT Martin, you will need to submit a copy of your official college transcript to the Office of Admissions.

Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at (731) 881-7020 or

Transcripts may be submitted electronically from the college via Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse, or by mail to the address below:

Office of Admissions
325 Clement Hall
Martin, TN 38238

A post baccalaureate student cannot receive Financial Aid. If financial aid is required, students who graduated from UT Martin should apply as a returning student with a different major. If the student graduated from another university or college, he/she should apply as a transfer student in order to receive financial aid. If applying as a transfer student, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will need the student’s high school transcript along with transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended.