Students, faculty and staff should check the university's home page, e-mail, official UT Martin Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, and the My UTMartin Portal for cancellations and schedule changes when inclement weather occurs. Area radio and television stations are also sources of information. UT Martin offices will be open unless announcements specifically say that all offices are closed. Students should assess local and regional conditions and forecasts before traveling to the university and should contact their instructors for more information on classes and class work.
- A decision about main campus operations will be provided to the director of university relations or designee by 5:30 a.m.
- Center directors will also contact the director of university relations or designee by 5:30 a.m. with the decision to remain open, close, or operate on an alternate schedule.
- Updates will be made first to the news headlines on the university's home page, to the My UTMartin Portal and to official UT Martin Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. (NOTE: Power outages and/or technical issues can possibly delay these updates.)
- Media contacts will then be made, starting with local radio stations.
- Every effort will be made by the Office of University Relations to complete updates and media contacts by 6 a.m.
- Text messages from the Department of Public Safety will only be sent to announce an unscheduled closing. (NOTE: These notifications only address main campus operations.)
- The automated message at 731-881-7000 will be updated, letting callers know of schedule changes at all locations.
- Television stations (WBBJ, WPSD, KFVS-12) normally do not announce openings. If UT Martin is open on a regular schedule, no information will appear on the screen or on the stations' websites.
- Notifications for evening classes will be made starting at approximately 4 p.m.