Academic Program Inventory
Academic Program National Accreditations
The University of Tennessee at Martin places great importance on achieving accreditation for eligible academic programs from their appropriate governing bodies. These programs are recognized as maintaining high standards that qualify graduates for the best job opportunities. UT Martin holds accreditation from the following agencies:
- BS didactic program in dietetics; MS dietetic internship: the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, telephone 800-877-1600 ext 5400)
- BS Nursing: the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, telephone 404-975-5000)
- BS Engineering: Accredited by Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- BS Computer Science: Accredited by Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- BS and BA, Communications major; the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (1435 Jayhawk Boulevard, Lawrence, KS 66045-7575, telephone 785-864-3973)
- BS Chemistry: the American Chemical Society (1155 Sixteenth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036, telephone 202-872-4589)
- BSBA, majors in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Management, Marketing; MBA: the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB International (777 South Harbour Island Boulevard, Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, telephone 813-769-6500)
- BS Family and Consumer Sciences: the Council for Accreditation of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (400 N Columbus Street, Suite 202, Alexandria, VA 22314, telephone 703-706-4600)
- BS Social Work: the Council on Social Work Education (1701 Duke Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314, telephone 703-683-8080)
- BM, BAM in Music: the National Association of Schools of Music (11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, telephone 703-437-0700)
- BS, teacher licensure; MS, initial licensure, school counseling, and educational leadership: the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (2010 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, telephone 202-466-7496).
- BS in Agriculture, with an emphasis in Veterinary Health Technology: American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (Education and Research Division, 1931 N. Meacham Rd., Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4630, 800/248-2862 ext. 6624)
Academic Program Student Learning Outcomes
All academic programs at the University of Tennessee at Martin have identified student learning outcomes, assess the extent to which students achieve those outcomes, and use assessment data as a basis for identifying program improvements. Academic program student learning outcomes can be found at the following links:
College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
College of Business and Global Affairs
- Accounting, Finance, Economics and Political Science:
- Management, Marketing, and Information Systems:
College of Education, Health, and Behavioral Sciences
College of Engineering and Natural Sciences
College of Humanities and Fine Arts
Non-Academic Program Accreditations and Certifications
UT Martin supports excellence in all areas of the university. The following non-academic programs and units have received recognition through external accreditations and certifications.
- Department of Public Safety: Accredited by the Tennessee Association of Chiefs of Police, Tennessee Law Enforcement Accreditation Program, c/o Alice Grunau, Accreditation Program Manager, 615-726-8227 or email@example.com
- Tennessee Intensive English Program: Accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation, 1001 North Fairfax Street, Suite 630, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 665-3400